Monday, September 29, 2014

Priesthood Session – Positive Protest

Priesthood Session – Positive Protest

*First let me clarify.  This has absolutely nothing to do with the group “Ordain Women”.  I have no opinions on their organization one way or another.  I believe that everyone has a right to their own opinion and I will not tolerate bashing of my viewpoints or theirs.  If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all J*


I love men.  I especially love hard working men.  Above all, I love hard working men who fulfill their priesthood callings.  Talk about some hotties, yowza!

Sometimes men in the church get a bad rap.  This cartoon I saw sums it up pretty much perfectly.




They do a lot, and sometimes don’t get the praise they deserve.  So I have decided to organize a “Positive Protest” to help them know how much we appreciate everything they do.

This Saturday after Priesthood Session, I will be standing outside the Conference Center, holding signs that encourage these wonderful men.  I want to get as many women to join me as possible (since I’m single, I would love to see all my single ladies with me!) and show these guys how much we care!

Here are some ideas for signs;
“Free hugs for single priesthood holders” (I will have one that says this J)
Give them Heaven!
We love our priesthood holders

Those are just some ideas, I’m sure you can all come up with some pretty creative stuff!

Don’t live in Salt Lake City?  Take a photo holding your sign and change your profile picture on Facebook J

Strong priesthood holders kept me tied to the church while I was inactive.  Great missionaries brought me back to the church.  Incredible home teachers kept me active and helped my testimony grow.  I can’t even imagine what my life would be like without these wonderful men!

Let’s let these wonderful men know how much we care!

Love Always,
Barbie

No comments:

Post a Comment