Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Falling In Love, With Me

In terms of self esteem, 2015 was a hard year for me.  When I confessed this to friends, they found it hard to believe.  Yes it’s true, I never seem to be lacking in self esteem, but after losing so much weight from my gastric bypass surgery, I started to gain some of it back.  People always want to know how it happened and the simple answer is that I started eating sugar again.  Anyone who tells you that fat makes you fat is full of crap, sugar makes you fat.  But anyway, that’s a rant for another time...

I wasn’t prepared for the toll gaining some weight back would take on my mind.  I had gained back a fraction of what I had lost, but I felt bigger than I had ever been.  And worst of all, I felt completely undesirable.  My depression and anxiety skyrocketed.  I pulled back from most social activities.  I wasn’t myself anymore.

I had to remind myself that I needed to love myself exactly as I was that moment.  Not if I lost 20 pounds.  I had to fall in love with me again, and that was going to take some work.

When the LDS Matchmaker presented me with their “Make It Happen Package”, I never imagined what an impact it would have on my life!  And one of the best parts was the professional photo shoot.

We all know how much better you feel when you have your hair and makeup done, and add to that some amazing photos by a fantastic photographer and you have one happy Barbie  J

My Dating Coach Lauren was also my stylist.  She took me to a few different stores and helped me put together some outfits.  While I can find you the perfect wedding dress, regular fashion just isn’t my thing.  I definitely needed her help.  I also had a work trip to Chicago coming up and these outfits went along perfectly!

The day of the shoot, the amazing Brittany Wilson did my makeup (resident matchmaker and stylist).  She even put some fancy fake eyelashes on me which made my eyes look incredible!


The photo shoot took place at the Salt Lake City Library, hands down one of my favorite places downtown.  Sami Johnson (Matchmaker extraordinaire) was there to help with anything I needed and to be my own personal cheerleader.  Seriously, every time I started having the thought “I probably look awful”,  out of nowhere she would shout out “You are such a hottie!!”.  It’s hard not to smile when you have someone encouraging you on.

The photos were taking by the insanely talented MJ Morgan, owner of “My Style Photography”.  His skill working with natural light makes my jaw drop, and to top it off, he’s an incredibly nice guy.  He’s mellow, inviting and gives great direction to make you look your absolute best.  He also didn’t mind when I gave him my input about poses or things I wanted in the background.


The experience was amazing!  A few days later he sent me all of the images and I chose my favorite 10 for him to edit.  Here are the final results, I love them!  

Seeing in photos that even though I have gained some weight, I am still beautiful.  It was exactly what I needed!













I am still working on getting my weight back to a more comfortable place for me, but in the meantime, I am falling in love with me again.  And that's a really great thing  :)



I can’t say enough good things about this experience.  I honestly think everyone should do it!  I use the photos for both business and personal (LOTS of online dating!).

Of course I recommend you set up an appointment and meet with the LDS Matchmaker http://www.theldsmatchmaker.com/  to see what packages she recommends, it’s worth it!




No comments:

Post a Comment